Tuesday, June 7, 2011
A Look At Music Videos
All Falls Down- By Kanye West
Initial Reaction: When I first viewed this music video, I thought it was very interesting because it was really smart and creative. It was really cool how he was making a music video in the perspective of his eyes and what he sees instead of what the audience sees.
Analysis and Interpretation: This music video doesn't seem to relate to the lyrics of the song but I still thought that it was still an amazing video. They filmed the video as if it were in Kanye West's perspective instead of what the audience sees and that's the first time I've ever seen that. This music video shows a lot of materialism. It shows clips of a woman and how they spend a lot of money on expensive things. The main message of this music video is that everyone is insecure and unsure of what they want to be, therefore leading to materialism and spending money on things we think we need in society.
Consideration of Cultural Context: Many life experiences could have influenced this musician and it's directors. The life of being surrounded by materialistic people and things could have influenced them a lot. There are so many people in the world that are insecure and use materialism to solve their problems and fill that void. America is filled with many superficial, insecure, and materialistic people.
Expression of Aesthetic Judgement: I really love the cinematography and special effects int his music video. They are really realistic and creative. I think that filming this video in Kanye's perspective really attracts my attention. The contents of this music video are very simple but still are able to capture an obvious theme that is reality.
Ongoing Reflection: This music video made me realize what this song is really about. It made me pay attention to the lyrics more and I realized that is was more about money and materialistic people. It also made me realize that Kanye is trying to say that there are many insecure people out there who are hiding behind the material things that they buy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment